Wednesday, 27 April 2016
Question 1: In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?
For this question I decided to try and record myself in two different locations in the same shot, to do this I had to research into masking effects to allow me to overlap footage to give the impression that I am talking to myself. Unfortunately due to dodgy lighting (the room light flickered and dimmed at times) the location where the separate shots join becomes visible at times. I did my best to alter the contrast and brightness of shots in small sections to level it out, but it did not fix the problem entirely. I know that this is simply a hardware issue and proper lighting such as two spotlights would easily fix the problem in future. Filming was difficult and time consuming due to the requirement of timing between the two characters, filming one and then mapping when I could respond was especially tasking but I feel I have conveyed it to a reasonable sense of realism. This was a very tasking activity to perform but very enjoyable, my feedback has suggested I wear different clothes which I did in fact do originally but the constant re-recording meant that continually changing clothes dragged out the process further, hence I settled on removing the watch and tie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment